Tuesday, August 7, 2012

King 2 Hearts Review

My K drama of Summer 2012! It's very different from the usual K drama genre that I know of and the ones I used to watch. This one is exhilarating and keeps me on the edge of my seat in almost every episode!

From left: John Mayer/Kim Bong Gu, Kim Hang Ah, Lee Jae Ha, Lee Jae Shin and Eun Shi Kyung
Short talk - South Korea and North Korea may actually be on peaceful terms! The South Korean King (fictional monarchy system) has been discussing about peace talks with the North Korean leaders and all may just end well! Of course, there are some hitches but there is a bigger threat. Enter John Mayer, CEO of a huge enterprise with a gigantic political clout over the powerful nations like US and China who dislikes the idea of peace between the two Korean nations. You may wonder, John Mayer? yea, the scriptwriters like to use artists' names for some characters. This John Mayer, to me, is almost as scary as how the Joker was scary in the Dark Knight movie. He seems mentally unstable, with no sense of morals and loves to perform unamusing magic tricks. His sidekicks are also scary, esp Bon Bon (female gothic assasin). Whenever he or she appears, I would just be fearful for the safety of the good characters.
Eun Shi Kyung x Lee Jae Shin
Aside from all that, this is actually one K drama which does not emphasize on the love theme. To me, it is more political, more headaches and also some stress relief moments here and there. Surprisingly, I was actually rooting for the second pairing in the drama, Lee Jae Shin and Eun Shi Kyung. I felt that they deserved so much more! Of course, the lead pairings were awesome as a couple! They both kick ass, the male through his brains(IQ of 187) and the female through physical action. They are the unbeatable duo! This is also the drama where the mother of the guy is actually supportive of the girl. How nice!

In short, I am really very glad I watched this drama. I felt like I learned so much about the struggles facing all honest politicians and leaders of the nations. When the situation involves power, the people and a huge consequence, every step has to be seriously evaluated and considered. Sometimes, even going through the proper channels will not take you far. Still, what counts as probably the best fantasy we can get is the result of the South-Korea mutual cooperation in establishing a harmonious relationship. Peace is not something easy to acquire but it is achievable. Someday?

No comments:

Post a Comment