Sunday, May 24, 2009

Hana Yori Dango

The latest J drama I watched is Hana Yori Dango - the manga based drama which also spawned a drama in Taiwan (Meteor Garden) and Korea (Boys Over Flowers). As usual, the premise is the same, the notorious F4 gang gives heroine (in this case Makino) the red notice and she retaliates and Domyouji falls for her but was strongly opposed by his mother...I just watched to see how the J version is like after watching Meteor Garden. I feel this drama is better. Maybe because I don't like draggy dramas, and the J version wraps it up nicely in 9 episodes. Of course, some scenes in Meteor Garden is in HYD2 so it isn't a really fair comparison but I still prefer HYD. Hanazawa Rui is ultra cool with Shun Oguri as the cast. Domyouji reminds me of Nanba Minami in Hana Kimi with his curly hair. They even look a bit alike too. Inoue Mao is cute in certain ways and fits the role perfectly. She has the poor simple girl's look for the role. Some pictures for eye candy =)

the F4


look at the height! (Rui - Tsukushi)


Hanazawa Rui is just dashingly good looking and with tonnes of cash! XD

How come I feel Hanazawa Rui is more well-dressed? It's as if he's the main actor what with the white suits given to him which made him stand out from the rest. His cool and aloof ways made him all the more appealing!!! I understand why Shun Oguri is picked as Sano now. He's hot - with this hair but not in Sano's hair!!!

2 comments:

  1. I so agree with you regarding the similarities of nanba minami and domyouji!! Crap, i even googled to see if they are actually the same person.. Haha.. You know, unlike BBF where I like Jihu, I like Domyouji and Nishikado! Nishikado looks particularly good in Season2.=) Oguri Shun somehow looks creepy when he laughs. Haha, I prefer him as Sano Izumi.. Makino is cute, very pretty and sweet..

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol~ means my observation not bad! =) I agree with Nishikado, but not with Oguri...maybe cz I ad like Nakatsu! hahaha

    ReplyDelete